The Historic Soo Line Railroad Depot, located on U.S. Highway 59 downtown, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. From completion of construction in 1914 until 1967, when passenger train service was terminated, the Depot was a hub of community activity almost 24 hours a day. At the height of its use, the Depot saw 13 passenger trains arrive and depart each day. Following a successful “Save the Depot” fundraising campaign in 1994-95, the City decided to renovate and remodel the building for use as City Hall. The completed project retained most of the building’s significant interior features, including the terrazzo floor and wood trim and doors in the main passenger terminal area. Steam Locomotive No. 1024, a Soo Class L-4, 2-8-2 MIKADO, is on permanent display outside the Depot.